I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m not sure what this means, other than I get to display this cool little badge on my blog now. Be jealous. (Don’t be fooled by my aloofness. It’s embarrassing how excited I was that someone finds my mindless drivel worthy!)
I’d like to thank my children, for without them, this blog would not be possible. Oh, yeah, and also the husband, for without him, there’d be no children. I’d also like to thank mushroomsup over at the Funny For Nothing blog (go visit! Her blog will make you laugh!), because without her, there would be no award. Well, there probably would. I just wouldn’t have gotten one.
But wait! That’s not all! Not only do I get the honor of being nominated, I get the honor of nominating.
Here are the rules, as I understand them.
1. Display the award on your blog. Done. Be impressed. I actually had to do research on how to do that. Don’t judge me.
2. Make a post about your win and link back to the wonderful person who nominated you.
3. Present 15 other deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Drop them a comment after your post to tip them off of their win.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So, we’ll start with the seven interesting things about me, and then I will post the fifteen blogs that I nominate, and think you should all stop in and visit!
Seven Interesting (or not so interesting)
Things About Me
1. Both of my parent’s passed away before my 30th birthday. They passed away about a year apart from each other, my mother from breast cancer, my father from smoking related issues. I don’t discuss it much because sympathy makes me uncomfortable, and I’d much rather just remember the good times and laugh. We now live with my step-father to help him, since he lives in a house too big for just him, and boiling water scares him
2. We had fertility issues with both girls, and had started going through treatments when we found out we were pregnant with Allie. I thank my lucky stars every day that mental maniac isn’t twins, or worse.
3. I cannot remember a time in my life when we didn’t have at least three animals in the house. I would be lost with anything under than number. We currently have two dogs, two cats, a bird, a bunch of fish, and a guinea pig.
4. Even though I consider myself a stay at home mom, I actually work two days a week at a gambling facility. It’s necessary for my mental health (and the physical health of my children) to get me out of here at least 12 hours a week.
5. I will never be truly skinny because of my love of salt. I attempt to exercise at fairly sporadic intervals, but I love salt and vinegar chips and popcorn far too much to ever give them up. Wait, is this interesting enough to meet the criteria? I say yes, and really, my opinion is the only one that currently counts. (If it’s not interesting to you, please insert one interesting fact here)
6. I sometimes dream about long vacations away from my children, where I can read whole paragraphs in silence, and take a shower without someone wandering into the bathroom saying, “Whatcha doin’ in there?” But when we went on our anniversary trip this spring, sans children, I cried before we were even out of the driveway. And I had to finally be told by the baby-sitters to please only call once a day.
7. I wish fall in New England would last more than five or six glorious weeks. It’s seriously my favorite time of the year.
Alright, there ya go. Seven kind of interesting facts about me. I know that’s not what I promised when we started off, but the fact is, I’m just not that interesting. At least, that’s what I keep telling my kids and husband. But it still doesn’t work. They follow me everywhere as if they have me micro-chipped.
And here’s the 15 bloggers that I think are worthy of this prestigious award. They are fabulous, and you should go visit them, immediately!
10. BriAnne Huwe
13. Mommy Man
14. Becoming Cliché
15. Easily Emused
I will now go celebrate my award with a bag of chips!